“What makes you so special?”
“I like to think it’s because of my perky nipples.”
No, that’s not another quote from a friend and myself, though it easily could have been. Either way it got me thinking- what makes me special? Truth is that I’m not all that unique, hell none of us really are. I am made up of my life experiences and in that I’m unique but otherwise I’m just like everyone else.
We strive for uniqueness, to stand out amongst the crowd, but how often do we really do that?
Yeah, I’m a hard worker but a lot of people are. I’m a good friend and person, again not all that unique. I’m a walking contradiction of beliefs, character traits, and actions but you hear a lot of people claim the same.
So, I’m going to share some random facts about myself and we’ll see how many of them are uniquely my own. If you also do, have, or believe the following then own up to it in the comment section and I’ll see if any of them are left unclaimed. Then maybe I can prove that I am unique after all.
- I have no wisdom teeth, not that they were removed. I just don’t have any.
- I’ve always wanted a cat but I’m allergic and the thought of cleaning a liter box makes me gag…so essentially I want one in theory only.
- I’m part Native American.
- I need lists and order in my work but am SO messy/cluttered in my room.
- I don’t mind doing laundry or dishes but I hate dusting or cleaning bathrooms.
- I love road trips and driving but am directionally challenged and have anxiety about driving places where I’m not 100% sure where I am going.
- Consequently I have a severe phobia of driving in the city.
- I can’t dance for shit but in my head I’m amazing.
- My mouth itches when I eat bananas, pineapple, eggplant, and fresh garlic. I know this means I’m probably allergic to it but I eat it all anyway because, yum.
- I’m obsessed with fire. Love it.
- I love tomato soup but hate tomatoes.
- I’m newly obsessed with all things birds, feathers, or flight.
- I hate driving over (or beings stuck on) bridges but I love taking pictures of/on them because I think they’re beautiful.
- I don’t now, nor will I ever, have a tattoo.
- I have broken both my legs, at different times. The first broken leg required a 4 hour “resetting” while I under anesthesia but never required cutting/pins.
- I’ve never had stitches.
- I’ve never had surgery.
- My first concert was New Kids on the Block
- I’ve been on one of Motley Crue’s tour buses.
- When I get nervous I make raunchy jokes.
- I pretty much despise football but I’m getting better at watching it.
- I’ve had multiple cavities filled in my lifetime but never had Novocain. I fear needles more than pain.
- I’ve never seen a single episode of Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy or Homeland.
- I addicted to wasabi. On sushi, on almonds, on peas…love it.
- I also have a serious addiction to lemonheads.
- Red wine, dark chocolate, artificial sugars, and large amounts of blueberries give me migraines.
- I hate migraines.
- I just got my first massage at 33 and fell in love! Not sure what I waited so long for.
I think that might be it for now. If I can find a couple things that are solely my own maybe I can consider myself unique. If these are all debunked I’ll have to keep going until I find something entirely my own. So let me know in the comments…claim the numbers of the ones can you call your own as well?